- User Manual
Achieve critical focus of any level easily like a breeze with our V1 Follow Focus! Make it simple, easy and perfect each time! Enjoy smooth and accurate scenes worth thousand dollars with this little master! FILMCITY V1 Follow Focus is flexibly designed light weight equipment allowing a camera operator to work indivertibly and be more precise and efficient. This Follow Focus unit is used to simplify and enhance the focusing technique.
The Professional flexible V1 Follow-Focus gear ring belt can be mounts to all DSLR cameras, video cameras, HDV, DV, and HD/SLR cameras. The Speed Crank switches your follow focus unit to crank operation.
FILMCITY V1 Follow Focus is a professional quality follow focus with all the features you want at a great price
- Flexible design.
- Provide greater precision and control over focus.
- Allows externally focusing lenses to be geared and used with a follow focus Industry-standard 0.8 module.
- Used for precision-controlled manual focus racking.
- Has a rugged aluminum locking insert.
- It makes for smooth focus pulls without camera shake.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Allows precise focusing of still and cinema lenses
The Supportive accessories are for demonstration purpose only.
Specification of Follow focus
- Completely gear driven design for slip-free and accurate movement.
- Adjustable slide mounting mechanism to fit any lens diameter.
- Adjustable locking system.
- Mounts onto 15 mm Rod Support (60mm center to center difference).
- Positional indicator.
- MOD Drive Gears with industry standard 0.8mm Pitch & 40T - Allows extremely focusing lenses to be geared and used with follow focus industry standard 0.8 module.
- Fits most lenses with proper focus gear drive (Interchangeable gear drives(currently shipping 0.8/2.51mm pitch).
Specification of Crank
- Material - Black anodized aluminum
- Length - 4.5"
- Connector size - 12mm x 12mm
- V1 Follow Focus
- Flexible Gear Belt
- Speed Crank
Q: Will the follow focus work for my t4i and canon 5d MKII?
Ans: This follow focus will work with any camera that is attached to 15mm rails spaced 60mm c/c apart. The drive gear has 0.8 pitch gear that is applied to either the lens Focus or Zoom ring. The gear belt is for lenses that don't have teeth already built in or that don’t have the 0.8 gear pitch.
Q: Can I buy the extra marking disks?
Ans: Yes, you can buy the extra marking disks separately.
Q: Is the speed crank included?
Ans: Yes, the speed crank is included with this follow focus.
Q: Can it be installed on the "right hand" side of a dslr?
Ans: Yes, the follow focus gear is switchable between sides, so it'll fit on nearly any rig on either side. Note that the gear is only switchable, not reversible, so if you have a Nikon or Pentax or some other old lenses you'll be pulling the opposite direction.
Q: Does it have adjustable height and width?
Ans: It has adjustable width only.
Q: Are the internal gears metal or plastic?
Ans: The internal gears are of metal.
Q: Is it returnable for a full refund if it doesn’t meet my expectations upon delivery?
Ans: Yes, absolutely. We always backup our sales. In case, you don't like the product, we take it back within 14 days and you get a 100% refund.
Q: What is the warranty?
Ans: We provide 1 year warranty from the date of purchase. Items which are covered by the warranty period will be replaced at no cost to the customer. Replacement parts of the product will be provided at nominal cost (covering the cost price of the replacement parts only) to the customers after the Warranty Period has expired.